A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Science News Reporter Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency and publishing satire stories without appropriate labels, which is misleading.
Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Satire without labeling
World Press Freedom Rank: Pakistan 142/180
The Science News Reporter is a science news and satire blog that does not have an about page or list any names associated with the website. A whois search reveals the domain was registered in 2018 to a person or entity in Punjab, Pakistan.
Funded by / Ownership
The Science News Reporter does not reveal ownership or funding, however there is considerable online advertising present on the website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Science News Reporter usually publishes science related news that is focused on environmental issues such as this: Bumblebee Has Officially Been Added To The Ever-Growing List Of Endangered Species. This story and most science related stories are sourced properly through quotes or hyperlinks. On the other hand, The Science News Reporter also publishes satire that is not labeled as such. While stories such as this, Scientists: Earth Endangered By New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans, should be obvious, if not appropriately labeled it can mislead some people, such as the fact-resistant humans mentioned in this humorous article. In general, most stories are true and sourced back to factual information, however this website is very misleading by not labeling satire stories.
Overall, we rate The Science News Reporter Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency and publishing satire stories without appropriate labels, which is misleading. (D. Van Zandt 4/26/2019)
- Why does Apple TV keep stopping
- Who uses OCR
- How can you use a computer
- What is Synology NAS backup
- Is Wavestorm a good beginner surfboard
- Where do I record a rent deposit
- How much did ola founders invest initially
- Is Radha Soami Satsang Beas a fraud
- What is the origin of an electron
- What is the easiest language to master
- What makes a Tesla Cybertruck unique
- Has religion failed Ethiopia Why
- What is the appropriate carbon tax percentage
- How do you use ?? in Chinese
- Why was Stannis Baratheon so stubborn
- Does heavy water sink in regular water
- Are most hearing aid salespersons audiologists
- What Are benefits of Industrial Drone Inspection
- Can jurors investigate evidence in court